Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• scott baldridge 3 posts 23 karma points
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 18:57
    scott baldridge

Preview your new Website loop

Hello, I have install Umbraco and get to the your done step. When I click on the preview your new webiste button I'm redirected to the begining of the install routine. I click lets get started and accpet the license then I'm back to the done page. I have chosen the business theme. I have slected the set up your website and modified the about page and that worked. If I navigate to the domain I start all over again.

First time installing so.... what am I doing wrong??

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 19:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott and welcome to the forum :)

Have you installed manually, or with the web platform installer or using webmatrix?

If you open the web.config file and look at this entry <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.7.1" /> under <appSettings>, does it then say 4.7.1 or is it empty? If it's empty then try writing 4.7.1 manually and see if that does the trick for you.

And if it's the case I think you should perhaps make sure that the sufficient permissions for network service and iusr has been set.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 30, 2011 @ 19:14
    scott baldridge

Hello Jan!

I installed via webmatrix and FTP. So I suppose I just uploaded the files.

I navigated to the url and did the intall routine all the way to the done page.

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />

<add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.7.1" /> did the trick!

Thank you!

This is my first look at Umbraco and I'm very impressed! I know there is a learning curve, but the instead of writing all this myself I can save a ton of time and make more money this year!

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 19:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Scott

I'm very glad to hear that.

Yes there is indeed much time to save by using Umbraco instead of writing your own. The benefit is that it's also easy to extend if you need some functionality that is not there out of the box.

If you don't mind paying a minor fee I can recommend the videos featured on http://www.umbraco.tv

Also keep an eye on the blogposts, which are featured in the right column on the frontpage of here on our.

And you should also be aware that Umbraco v5 is in the works and probably is released early in 2012, which is based on the MVC platform and not Web forms.

If there is anything you're in doubt about don't hesitate to ask for help in here - we're a friendly bunch :)

/Jan

Dec 30, 2011 @ 19:23
    scott baldridge

Thank you!

Yes, I have my eye on the videos and will get them. I need to jumpstart! Thank you for the warm welcome!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft