This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff 21 posts 42 karma points
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 21:29
    Jeff

Problems logging into umbraco

Umbraco 4.7.1

ASP.NET 4.0

Windows 7 and IIS 7

I have successfully downloaded and installed umbraco manually. I have the simple start kit. I went to the /umbraco/ url and provided my login credentials (login/password). Instead of taking me further, it just refreshes the login page with blank login and password. When I purposely enter incorrect information, and the boxes highlight red and vibrate, as they should. But once I enter correct credentials, it just refreshes the page as if it was redirecting to itself.

I'm unsure what is going on, as I have not changed any code or anything other than download and install.

Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jeff

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Dec 30, 2011 @ 21:53
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeff and welcome to our :)

Are you 100% certain that the credentials you enter are correct? It's not caps lock or something like that that is teasing you?

If not I will recommend that you try installing Umbraco using WebMatrix instead since it hard to figure out what could be going on with the install you have now. I could describe how you could change the password by doing som DB tricks but that might be a tough start, which should not be neccesary to dig into since it is probably easier to do the install from the top instead.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Dec 30, 2011 @ 21:57
    Jeff

Yes, I am sure the credentials are correct. When I enter incorrect credentials, it highlights red. When I enter my correct credentials, it simply does nothing. That is how I know the credentials must be correct. Unfortunately the head developer here insists that I do a manual install. Why? I'm not sure haha.

Dec 30, 2011 @ 22:19
    Jan Skovgaard

Ok, in that case you should make sure that the sufficient permissions have been set for the network service and the iusr. You could also just ensure that they have been set properly for the IIS_IUSRS group. They must be set for the root folder containing your Umbraco installation and inherited all the way down.

Also make sure that the database user has sufficient permissions to access the database so you're able to modify content etc. if you have installed on a MSSQL server.

Hope these pointers help.

/Jan

Dec 30, 2011 @ 22:55
    Jeff

I did all the above, still not working....AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Dec 30, 2011 @ 22:57
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jeff

Can you describe the steps you took when installing Umbraco?

Did you follow the steps Sebastiaan describes in his blogpost? http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft