Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sha Le 20 posts 40 karma points
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 21:13
    Sha Le

Pls help...

Hi All -- I am new to Umbraco and everything went fine until I hit this glitch http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/27168-defaultaspx-page-is-crashing. I am stuck and don't know what's next, please help me as I don't want to start over again. I understand this is not a paid forum -- but I am sure you can help me bring me out this one. Thanks again.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 21:17
    Tom Fulton

According to your trace it looks like it might be failing during Access Checking.

Try right-clicking your page and going to Public Access.  Perhaps it's linked to a node or member group that has been deleted?

You can also see this in /App_Data/access.config - check to see that the node IDs and groups there actually exist...or just delete any entries inside of it if you're not using any protected pages.

-Tom

Jan 03, 2012 @ 21:34
    Sha Le

Thx Tom -- That was not. I didn't really mess with that one yet. Also, access.config is file still empty -- all I see is "<access></access>". Any other thoughts? Thx a lot.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 03, 2012 @ 22:40
    Tom Fulton

If you right-click and goto Public Access is anything setup?

Maybe also try rebuilding your umbraco.config - just delete it (backup or rename first), then touch your web.config or publish a page and it should regenerate.

-Tom

Jan 03, 2012 @ 23:16
    Sha Le

Thx a lot again. Nothing is setup.

It did regenerated the umbraco.config, but still it crashes!!

Jan 03, 2012 @ 23:51
    Sha Le

OK...this is fixed now. 

As I mentioned in the other bug, sounds like I was playing with Public Access (Sorry Tom, for the past few weeks I was working hard to resolve this issue -- I don't even remember what I did before). 

Details/Steps:

1. I copied the website (working website)
    2. Sounds like I was playing with public access in the copied website. At some point something broke in the copied website and I deleted that one (but didn't empty the recycle bin).
    3. Probably there is still some reference between orginal website and copied website (I am not sure how, but probably some of you understand internal can figure it out).
    4. After Tom's repsonse that Access control is crashing, so I enabled the public access restriction to stop the page crash --- didn't help. Removed the public access -- that didn't help either.
    Finally, emptying the recycle bin fixed the issue.
    Thanks a lot.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft