Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Pont 4 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 06, 2009 @ 10:57
    Chris Pont

Problems using Courier

Hi,

We've recently purchased some Umbraco Pro licenses and I have installed the packages for Courier and Concierge on an VM snapshot of our web server. I've edited the courier.config file with the ip address for our other website, but when I click on the "Transfer to Live" option on the menu for one of the content nodes, I see "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" within a modal dialog.

If I look at the trace for the site, I can see umbraco is trying to send a 302 redirect response, but I cannot see where it is trying to redirect to.

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks

Chris Pont

• Steve Morgan 1348 posts 4457 karma points c-trib
    Jul 06, 2009 @ 12:37
    Steve Morgan

I had issues with Courier at the start.  Are you using IPs / local host when browsing Umbraco and using courier?  You need to use your sub domains... staging.myumbraco.org   live.myumbraco.org.  Feel free to edit the hosts files on your servers to do this.  It's worth testing that you can access staging.myumbraco.org from the live box and vice versa in a browser too.  

Jul 06, 2009 @ 12:43
    Steve Morgan

Might be teaching you how to suck eggs but your hosts file can be found in the location below...  you'll only need to do this if your servers can't resolve the subdomain addresses (e.g. you haven't set up your nameservers and subdomains yet / correctly).   

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts  edit it in a text editor and add (changing IP and domain as appropriate)

192.168.1.1  staging.mydomain.com  

on the live and vice versa on your staging.  

Of course all of hte servers must have port 80 access to one another (hence the testing in the browser first)

• Chris Pont 4 posts 32 karma points
    Jul 06, 2009 @ 13:19
    Chris Pont

Perfect! I tried using IP addresses and localhost in courier.config but I guess it only likes using hostnames.

Thanks for your help!

Jul 06, 2009 @ 13:57
    Steve Morgan

This is a licensing restriction.  Makes sense when you think about it...  but I think the documentation should be a little clearer! 

Good luck with it.  

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 06, 2009 @ 14:58
    Niels Hartvig

Looking at the licensing is on the top of my list as I really think that the license system we use (XHEO) causes more problems for our clients than good is.

But excellent idea to state this in the docs - I'll look into it when I return from vacation!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft