Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• TaoistTotty 246 posts 314 karma points
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 10:46
    TaoistTotty

SQl Server 2005 Express database Detaching

I have a website running 4.5.2, upgraded from 4.0.3, if I rember correctly.

Recently (over the past month) the database has become detached a couple of times.

Any one know of a reason for this (other sites with the same host and using the same SQL Server have not seen this issue).

The site is running on IIS6.

Many thanks.

TT

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 05, 2012 @ 14:33
    Tom Fulton

I don't know any reason off the the top of my head, unless your DB is going over the SQL Express size limit (2 GB I think)?  Sounds pretty large for an umbraco install though.  Did you try checking the logs when it happens?

-Tom

• TaoistTotty 246 posts 314 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 10:45
    TaoistTotty

Thanks Tom, at the moment I am trying to get re-connected to the database and then I will have a look at the Umbraco logs.

Last time nothing was reported in the logs.

The database is there one minute and gone the next.

This is a very small site, so I very much doubt it is the database size.

I wondered if it could be something to do with the IIS6 as everything else I have hosted is on IIS 7+ and I have not seen this problem, but have hads it once before with a IIS6 server.

TT 

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 15:27
    Tom Fulton

I can't think that IIS would have anything to do with the DB getting detached.  When you say detached, it's completely gone from the SQL Console and you just right-click and Attach to get it back?  I would see if you can find any logs from SQL Server that might explain why it's detaching also...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft