Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim 18 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 10:02
    Kim

Why login page right after an install?

I built the source code and created the web site.  All seemed fine.

When I launch the umbraco localhost to complete the Umbraco installation and setup, I get a login page without any hint for a user ID or password.  Why am I getting this login screen and what user ID or password I should use please?

ps. I don't want to create my site from the binaries, I want to have an idea of what the umbraco solutions is like, that's why I'm using the published source code.

Thank you!

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 10:10
    Dirk De Grave

Hi Kim,

you need to use the username/password combo you've entered on installation.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Jan 06, 2012 @ 17:05
    Kim

I was not asked for any user id or password.  I rebuilt the source code, I created the web site in IIS, and then just launched the site from IE.  The first page I get is the login page; I never got thru the Umbraco installation screens yet.

Jan 06, 2012 @ 20:24
    Kim

Here is the first thing I get when launching the Umbraco site.  Again, I built the source code, created IIS site and launched the http://localhost page, and I got this log in screen that I have no clue what user ID and Password I should use for?  (there was no Umbraco site installation screens, just this login screen).

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 06, 2012 @ 20:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

Must admit that I have never build Umbraco from the source myself before so honestly I don't have any clue.

But if you have a look at the web.config file to see if <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.7.1" /> has any value? If it has try removing it so it looks like this <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />...If I remember correctly this should trigger the installation process.

While we're at it and if the above works you should probably check that the proper permissions has been set for IIS_IUSRS group since the layout on the screendump above does not look right.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Jan 07, 2012 @ 01:34
    Kim

Your suggestion worked (Thank you).  After changing the line  <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" />, I got into the installation screen.  However, as you saw earlier and here below, the install screen does not have the proper layout (skin).  I confirmed IIS_IUSRS has "full control" on the folder where Umbraco is located (which is C:\Umbraco).

Jan 07, 2012 @ 01:36
    Kim

...IIS_IUser has full control over the folder where I have Umbraco (C:\Umbraco) --

Jan 07, 2012 @ 10:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kim

Hmm, that should be enough.

I suppose the application pool identity is set to ApplicationPoolIdentity or Network service, right?

Perhaps you should try to give network user and iusrs accounts full permission as well to see if it makes a difference.

/Jan

Jan 08, 2012 @ 05:13
    Kim

IUsers and network user have full access to the Umbraco folder and site.

Jan 08, 2012 @ 05:21
    Kim

Users have "Full Control"

Jan 08, 2012 @ 05:26
    Kim

Network Services have full control...

Jan 08, 2012 @ 05:29
    Kim

IUsers have full control...

Jan 08, 2012 @ 10:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hmm

I'm all out of ideas. Sometimes the clientdependency cache can play some tricks but I really doubt that is the case in this situation.

However you could try to delete it and see if it makes any difference. It's found in App_Data/TEMP/ClientDependency

If this does'nt help I'm afraid I don't have any more clues.

/Jan

Jan 08, 2012 @ 21:20
    Kim

Thank you Jan.  I'll post a seperate thread for someone out in the forum to see if there's anyone who installed from source code like I'm doing.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft