Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kim 18 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 21:39
    Kim

Installing from source, no skin during install?

Has anyone installed from source code?  I installed from source code, I have all right settings - IUer, Network Services, IIS_Usrs have "full control" to the umbraco folder and to the umbraco web site in IIS.

My folder is installed in c:\umbraco folder.  Web site in IIS is mapped to this physical path: C:\umbraco\umbraco\presentation

Using .Net 4.0, ApplicationPool Identity, and Integrated pipeline.

When I run the install, the layout of the Umbraco is flat with no images or skin what so ever (see picture below).  Even when I install from binaries I get a flat no-layout page.  Any idea please?

• Mads Krohn 211 posts 504 karma points c-trib
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 00:07
    Mads Krohn

Looks to me like the images and css file arent being referenced correctly. Try open the developer console and see if there are any errors there.

On another note, why are you building your site on the source code? I would strongly recommend you go with the binaries and just use the source code as a point of reference. Just my 2 cents.

Kind regards

• Kim 18 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 16:42
    Kim

The "developer console"?

Funny thing is that if I run the Umbraco install from Visual Studio, the css and images come up just fine.  The issue only appears when I directly browse to the http://localhost in my Internet Explorer.

(I chose to use the source code becasue I want to become intimate, at least from a general viewpoint, with the internal workings of Umbraco.  The more I know about the internal workings for Umbraco, the better I can build whatever web sites I need to build).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft