Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Jul 07, 2009 @ 02:39
    Josh Reid

3.0.5 to 4.0.2.1 - Install not running at all.

Hi Guys

I have followed all install/upgrade instructions, backed-up, copied the 4.0.2.1 files up, updated the web.config with the my db settings etc and now the site is continuing to run as 3.0.5 - I cant get the install to run at all??? The site is in shared environment with the live site running there also (different site and db), but I have many other umb 4 instances running fine there as well.

dev.coastswimclub.org.nz

If anyone has any thoughts it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ;)

I have tried manually directing the site to /install/default.aspx?installStep=welcome but get the following error with stack trace:

[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: url]
    System.Web.HttpResponse.Redirect(String url, Boolean endResponse) +8707590
    presentation.install.steps.welcome.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +124
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +141
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627</p> </td> </tr> </tbody> </table>

Jul 09, 2009 @ 02:20
    Josh Reid

@Mediator, please remove this post... sorry but i initially paniced and all is sorted now, cheers.

Jul 09, 2009 @ 04:46
    Josh Reid

Well i got the Application to run at least but...

It provides a login screen that I can't login through (triple checked password etc).... It just directs onto itself after post with no notification of incorrect pass or anything - any experienced this?

Any thoughts????

Jul 09, 2009 @ 04:54
    Josh Reid

God now i feel stupid...Read the install guide more thoroughly!

Web.config - Membership Provider - UsersMembershipProvider - passwordFormat="Clear"

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft