Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy Carlier 16 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 20:51
    Andy Carlier

Moved site runs installer on the front end, but admin OK

Hi,

The subject says it all really.  I've moved a site and changed the connection string as appropriate.  Trying to browse the site results in a redirect to the installer as if it can't find the database.  However the admin system is fine and I've tried to republish the site but this hasn't helped. 

Stumped so any suggestions gratefully received.

Andy.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 20:54
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy and welcome to our :)

It's probably because the umbracoConfigurationStatus is probably empty. If it looks like this <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="" /> then change it to look like this <add key="umbracoConfigurationStatus" value="4.7.1" /> (Or perhaps 4.7.1.1 if you have just upgraded or downloaded the latest stable version).

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Andy Carlier 16 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 22:29
    Andy Carlier

Hi Jan,

Thanks for the reply.  You were right about the missing config setting, but you gave me an idea anyway - I just upgraded to 4.7.1.1 instead of fiddling.  Worked a treat!!

I'll credit you with an accidental fix ;)

Cheers.

Andy.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 22:32
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

I'm happy you we're able to move forward, accidental or not ;-) - However I'm sure that if you did not upgrade it would also have worked. But good idea to run on latest stable version and then why not just upgrade while you're at it.

Happy umbracoing :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft