Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Strofton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 14:47
    Richard Strofton

Install Umbraco 4.7.1.1 in Virtual Directory

Hi there,

Is it possible to install Umbraco in a virtual directory yet? I am using version 4.7.1.1.

It works fine in the root directory, but I get the error

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt

when run from a virtual directory, even with identical configuration to the root installation.

Any pointers would be much appreaciated

Thanks

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Jan 22, 2012 @ 22:51
    Rodion Novoselov

By default base XSLT folder is set as a tilda-based path, so particulary this error should not happen. Are you sure that your virtual folder of Umbraco is really configured as an application root folder? (In IIS manager console it can be done by right-clicking on the folder and select "Add application")

• Richard Strofton 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:02
    Richard Strofton

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm actually not sure of that, the options I have are not that clear in this particular hosting account. Unfortunatley it is a shared server not dedicated on this occastion. As far as I can see I am able to set the application pool mode (integrated or classic, I've set it to integrated), and to 'add an application' which it says will create a virtual directory for me.

If you think it should be working I'll try a simple asp.net application in the same location and investigate from there if it doesn't work

Thanks

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Jan 25, 2012 @ 00:25
    Rodion Novoselov

That's quite easy to validate. You can put into the "umbraco" subfolder a very small file, say "test.cshtml" with just the only line:

@Request.AplicationPath

Then go with a browser: http://your.domain.name/your-virtual-folder/umbraco/test.cshtml.

If you see "/your-virtual-folder" that's all right - it means that the virtual folder is an application root as well. But if you see just "/" then this folder hasn't been configured as an application.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft