Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fengelz 106 posts 221 karma points
    Jul 09, 2009 @ 11:26
    Fengelz

Hosting Umbraco 4

I've been looking over the old forum and this one, but cant seem to find any solutions.</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;"><br /></span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">I've recently deployed an Umbraco site to a remote host (scannet.dk). The site worked fine locally and is ready to launch.</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;"><br /></span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">But I keep getting and error which seems to have something to do with permissions:</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"> </p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Server Error in '/' Application.</p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Required permissions cannot be acquired.</p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;"><br /></span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">It seems to relate to the ImageManipulator.dll.</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">if I remove the ImageManipulator dll I get the following:</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"> </p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Configuration Error</p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Line 99:       <assemblies></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Line 100:        <!-- ASPNETAJAX --></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Line 101:        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Line 102:        <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" /></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;">Line 103:        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" /></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"> </p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this error? Anybody had any similar problems?</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">Best regards</span></p> <p style="margin-top: 7px; margin-bottom: 15px;"><span style="font-style: normal;">- Sune Fengel</span></p> </p> <h2 style="font-size: 14pt; font-family: Verdana; color: maroon; font-weight: normal; margin-top: 0px; margin-bottom: 3px;">

Jul 09, 2009 @ 11:27
    Fengelz

oops sorry about the tags

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Jul 09, 2009 @ 11:30
    Roel Snetselaar

can you fix the formatting please, this is not very readable, thnx.

Jul 09, 2009 @ 11:41
    Fengelz

Ill try again

I've been looking over the old forum and this one, but cant seem to find any solutions.

I've recently deployed an Umbraco site to a remote host (scannet.dk). The site worked fine locally and is ready to launch.

But I keep getting and error which seems to have something to do with permissions:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Required permissions cannot be acquired.

It seems to relate to the ImageManipulator.dll.

if I remove the ImageManipulator dll I get the following:

Configuration Error

Line 99:       <assemblies>

Line 100:        <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->

Line 101:        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Line 102:        <add assembly="System.Design, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A" />

Line 103:        <add assembly="System.Web.Extensions.Design, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" />

Does anybody have any idea what may be causing this error? Anybody had any similar problems?

Best regards

- Sune Fengel

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jul 09, 2009 @ 11:52
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Is your host perhaphs running medium trust? This is known to be a problem and probably won't work well.

Jul 09, 2009 @ 12:32
    Fengelz

yeah thanks

It appears that the host providers do not allow full trust, so I'll look for another provider.

thanks anyway

- Sune

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft