Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kieron McIntyre 117 posts 360 karma points
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:02
    Kieron McIntyre

Published site is persisting old content on Azure

I have used the Umbraco Accelerator to host a project on Azure. When I redeploy the site (to update for major changes) to blob storage and deploy the database using the SQL Azure Migration Wizard, content is being persisted from the previous umbraco instance.

I have cleared the AspStateTempSessions database table used and republished content but certain pages are still being persisted.

What might this be? I assumed that the umbraco.config was being persisted to the State database and that republishing would clear and repopulate this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kieron

What happens if you delete the umbraco.config file and then log in and try to republish once again? Does that help?

/Jan

Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:13
    Kieron McIntyre

There is no umbraco.config in the blob storage. I assume that this is read, stored and deleted by the accelerator.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Jan 30, 2012 @ 16:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kieron

Ah, sorry - Don't know that much of Azure so I thought the umbraco.config existed. My bad. Let's see if some of the other bright minds in here can help you out :)

/Jan

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 31, 2012 @ 10:16
    Tim

Hey Kieron, how's things? The best people to ask about this would be Alex Norcliffe (@alex_norcliffe on Twitter), or Paul Sterling (@paulsterling on Twitter). They're the two people I can think of off the top of my head who would be best able to help you out on this one. I've not used Azure with Umbraco yet, so I can't really offer much more than that!

The only thing I can think of is that you could use a blob storage explorer to see if you can find the config file. Some tools are a bit flaky with Umbraco/Azure though, so you could try downloading the site with this: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/azure-website-downloader to see what's in the umbraco.config file (see if it has old content in it).

Jan 31, 2012 @ 10:32
    Kieron McIntyre

Hi Tim, thanks for the info. I managed to get it fixed by rebooting the role instances and clearing the session states. However, since rebooting an instance takes about 10 minutes it's less than ideal to have to do this!

I'll check out the tool though - it's always good to have options!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft