Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fabio Blardone 79 posts 98 karma points
    Feb 03, 2012 @ 15:32
    Fabio Blardone

Database connection initialisation failed with 4.7.1.1. sqlCE4

Hello,

i'm installing Umbraco 4.7.1.1. on Wserver2008 R2, i choose sqlCE option for DB.

I've copy the bin folder from the relative WebDeploy zip on codeplex but when i click Install button return me the usually "Database connection initialisation failed." error message.

Anyone can help me? Thanks

Fabio

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 03, 2012 @ 21:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fabio

So in the bin folder you have the the amd64 and x86 folders?

If so - have you checked that you have the sufficient permissions set on the network service and the iusr? 

A good ressource for double checking that evertything is setup correctly is this blogpost by Sebastiaan Janssen: http://cultiv.nl/blog/2011/7/18/how-to-install-umbraco-manually/

Hope this helps.

• Fabio Blardone 79 posts 98 karma points
    Feb 09, 2012 @ 11:17
    Fabio Blardone

Hello Jan,

yes i've both amd64 and x86 folders. The permissione are set correctly i also check with url in installation for permission but not work.

Always the same error :(

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Feb 09, 2012 @ 22:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Fabio

Did you have a look at the blogpost I posted above?

Otherwise perhaps try downloading webmatrix http://www.microsoft.com/web/webmatrix/ and install Umbraco from the app gallery. Once Umbraco is installed you can easily copy the installation from the "My Websites" folder to the place where you want to place your site on the disk instead and then create an IIS website and point it to the folder.

Does this approach help?

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft