Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Guido 9 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 12:43
    Guido

How to run asp.net little site into umbraco folder

hi , i've to run a little site in the same domain that contains my umbraco website.

so (i'm not an expert) i've create a new folder and simply copy and paste my asp.net little website.

now when go to the www.myUmbracoSite.it/newFolder/ the borwser return this problem : 

Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

i just wanna have a folder that can run my site without umbraco intromission.

Thanks Umbraco Community!

• Owen 123 posts 246 karma points
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 13:07
    Owen

1. You can set the default document in the IIS

2. use the more specified url, such as www.myUmbracoSite.it/newFolder/hello.aspx

• Guido 9 posts 29 karma points
    Feb 05, 2012 @ 22:38
    Guido

now i'll try to set the webconfig ... anywhere if i type url such  www.myUmbracoSite.it/newFolder/hello.aspx ... umbraco detect the request and give the 404 error page!

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 08:06
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. You need to add ~/newFolder to the list of "umbracoReservedPaths" inside your web.config. Also if you run your umbraco site in the "umbracoUseDirectoryUrls = true" mode you will need to add the same url (~/newFolder) to the "umbracoReservedUrls" setting as well. Otherwise your urls started with "/newFolder/" will be considered as links to the umbraco content documents what's definitely not what you want.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft