Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kiattisak Wangno 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 16:19
    Kiattisak Wangno

Error system.web.extensions

After install Umbraco with WebMatrix and publish to server by FTP on WebMatrix, too.

And then I go to my website, get an error like this.

149:   <!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
      150:   <system.web.extensions>
      151:     <scripting>

How do I resolve this.?

Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 21:11
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Kiattisak and welcome to the community! :)

If I remember correctly this error is showing becaue you need to install the microsoft ajax 1.0 extensions, which you can download from here: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=883

I hope this helps - otherwise don't hesitate to ask further questions.

/Jan

• Kiattisak Wangno 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 13:40
    Kiattisak Wangno

Thank you very much.

After I installed the AjaxToolKit then It's working.

Boo.

• Niall Byrne 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 15:58
    Niall Byrne

Hey all,

I am having the same problem.

I have downloaded Ajax, but what now? do i drop into the Root folder or do a reinstall with webmatrix?

Any help would be great

Niall

Feb 07, 2012 @ 19:48
    Niall Byrne

Just an update on the post above.

I checked my hosting and ASP.NET 2 is enabled, and it's on a windows server 2008.

I rebooted and reinstalled. still getting the 500 error, and my host says it down to system.web.extensions

So i am still at a loss on how to continue

Feb 07, 2012 @ 19:54
    Jan Skovgaard

@Kiattisak That's good to hear, glad you were able to move forward. Have fun with Umbraco :)

@Niall: You should simply just install it on your machine (if you're have the issue locally) - If you're on a webhost it's up to them to make sure the proper dependencies have been installed if they offer Umbraco hosting.

If you have just rented a machine, which you access remotely and is controlling yourself...well then you should of course just install the ajax toolkit on it as well :)

If you're running Umbraco 4.5+ the app pool should be running ASP.NET 4, which needs to be installed of course.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Feb 08, 2012 @ 17:49
    Niall Byrne

Thanks Jan for the reply.

I have uploaded the Ajax extensions to the FTP. root folder and the Domain folder for which i am installing Umbraco CMS.

I am not having issues locally, it's only on the online hosting when i publish it from Webmatrix. The hosting company i am using is Blacknight and they seem to be up-to-date with everything.

I went into the CP panel and configured the domain for ASP.NET 4 as it was set to ASP.NET 2. 

I am going to play around with it a bit more, but as this is all fairly new to me, i am afraid i am going to have Umbraco by the wayside, which is a shame as i was looking forward to working and learning with it, but i am losing to much time and patients.

Niall

Feb 08, 2012 @ 23:26
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Niall

I do understand your frustrations and I hope I'm able to give you some pointers to get this solved.

Those files you uploaded, what ecactly are they? .dll files or? (Must admit it's been a while since I've installed the ajax toolkit myself and after installing it usually just works. So don't know if you perhaps need to ask your hosting company to install it on the server?

It might also be worth asking them directly if they support Umbraco 100% - also be aware that some hosting companies only offer medium trust, which means you need to do some modifications in the web.config to configure the umbraco application to run in medium trust (not sure this is the issue in this case but just came to my mind that it could be a possible pitfall.)

/Jan

Feb 09, 2012 @ 15:35
    Niall Byrne

Hey Jan,

they said they used to have an older version of Umbraco in the application menu for installs, but dont offer that service anymore.

I just uploaded the files from the Ajax toolkit in to the FTP, i dont see a way of installing it! anyhow something has now changed and I am now getting an error from the server which my hosting company have emailed me a jpeg of.

It looks like its looking for a config file in the root directory or there is something wrong with the web.config

Feb 09, 2012 @ 18:15
    Niall Byrne

Here is the error,

does anybody know what this is? i left the URL out on the bottom half

Module CustomErrorModule
    Notification SendResponse
    Handler ASP.NET4.0-aspx (managed)
    Error Code
    0x80070021

Config Error

This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".

Config File

Requested URL

Physical Path C:\CustomerData

191:
    192:

193: 

Feb 09, 2012 @ 22:34
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Nial

I'm sorry I don't have any idea about the error message posted above.

I realise you can't install the ajax tool kit through FTP but I was wondering what type of files it is you're uploading? is it .DLL files? In that case what is the name of the files and where do you place them on the server? If i's .DLL files you should probably try uploading them to the bin folder. If it's not bin files I would like to know exactly what they are.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft