Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohäll 295 posts 561 karma points c-trib
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 17:08
    Anders Brohäll

Upgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.7.2 - Cannot delete nodes.

Im trying to upgrade a umbraco 4.0.2 implementation to 4.7.2.

I've done a by-the-book upgrade, which seemed to be working just fine...
    Until i've started extending it.

I made a template out of mistake and deleted it. Afterwards the Templates node structure couldnt be extended.
    When i try to expand it, this 500 is throwned from http://whatever.local/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=491dace566cd472d8228e38a1e7661e5&id=-1&treeType=templates&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=2.5:
    [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.getMasterPageContent() +73
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.setupNode() +397
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.GetAllAsList() +298
       umbraco.loadTemplates.RenderTemplates(XmlTree& tree) +85
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.GetXmlTree() +135
       umbraco.presentation.webservices.TreeDataService.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +85
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +595
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +265

It turns out that when i delete templates, document- and data types the call throws a 500-error like:
    "Message":"Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery","StackTrace":" at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Tags.Tag.RemoveTagsFromNode(Int32 nodeId)\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.delete()\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.template.Template.delete()\r\n at umbraco.templateTasks.Delete()\r\n at umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls.Delete(String nodeId, String alias, String nodeType)","ExceptionType":"umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException"

The consquence of the error is that the lines in umbracoNode is left untouched.

Contents nodes seems to be deleted correctly, but when deleting em from the Recycle bin, i get a 500 telling me:
    "Message":"Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteNonQuery","StackTrace":" at umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelper`1.ExecuteNonQuery(String commandText, IParameter[] parameters)\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Tags.Tag.RemoveTagsFromNode(Int32 nodeId)\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.CMSNode.delete()\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.delete()\r\n at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.DeletePermanently()\r\n at umbraco.presentation.webservices.legacyAjaxCalls.DeleteContentPermanently(String nodeId, String nodeType)","ExceptionType":"umbraco.DataLayer.SqlHelperException"

I've tried everything i can find. I've tried to upgrade to 4.5.2, that http://www.proworks.com/blog/2011/03/03/my-notes-and-experiences-upgrading-umbraco-4-0-x-to-4-6-1/ suggests, followed the guides in the official Umbraco wiki, and i've tried this guide: http://blue-and-orange.net/articles/umbraco/upgrading-umbraco-to-47/

Also, i've tried changing the DELETE statements suggested in http://anthonydotnet.blogspot.com/2010/12/cannot-delete-document-type-umbraco.html (on the tables involved and the rolled back when the turned out not to work).

No luck.

My guess is that the SP's rather than the structure of the DB is wrong, i havn't checked it though - i don't really want to mess with the DB.

Does anyone had this problem?
    How do i solve it?

Feb 06, 2012 @ 17:15
    Anders Brohäll

Afterwards the Templates node structure couldnt be expanded.
    Of course!

When is the "Edit post" feature going to be fixed?

Feb 06, 2012 @ 19:45
    Anders Brohäll

Edit.
    Of course theres no SP's in the DB. In my implementation they were custom. My bad.

However, the problem is the same.

Feb 06, 2012 @ 20:38
    Anders Brohäll

Continuing the monologue/corrections here. The version im trying to upgrade to is 4.7.1, not 4.7.2.

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 14:52
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. I've seen a very similar thing once when due to template deletion some "MasterPageFile=..." references inside the *.master files gone broken. I would try to validate them with a usual text editor and also make sure that corresponding master-children template references in the DB are valid as well.

Feb 08, 2012 @ 10:46
    Anders Brohäll

Nah, it was something different.
    I gave up and are migrating the site to a fresh 4.7.1 instead.

There are some perks - i'll get rid of some legacy etc, but it's time consuming.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft