Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• jan 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 19:38
    jan

Installation on a web hotel

Hello.

I am a brand new Umbraco baby, :-)

I did some designing tweks on an exsisting umbraco site, and now want to make my own, from the buttom up. I have spend the last days trying to undestand how to installe Umbraco on a web hotel (unoeuro), but as I dont have any experiens of this kind. please help.

What I am looking for is at total run thrue of setting up Umbraco on a web hotel.

step by step, what files to get from where, and where to put them, unzip ore not, in witch order, screen shots.

Best regards

Jan

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 21:00
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jan and welcome to the community! :)

What version of Umbraco are you playing around with? (4 or 5). I have a couple of v4 installations running on Unoeuro but have not yet tried to install umbraco 5 on one of their servers so I'm not sure if they support Umbraco 5 at the moment or not.

But in order to install Umbraco on Unoeuro you should simply just copy all the files and folders from your local umbraco directory (not the root folder) to the folder "public_html" at the unoeuro server.

Next you will need to modify the web.config in order to setup the correct connection string to your database if you're not using SQL CE - if you're using SQL CE you should be able to go to www.yourdomain.dk and see the site.

However in my experience you sometimes need to contact support in order to make them set the correct permissions and modify the app pool settings so they're correct for running Umbraco.

If you're using the SQL CE embedded database btw you can make it a breeze deploying from your local computer to your live site by using Microsoft webmatrix. You can setup publishing so the files and DB are automatically copied from local to live environment. You can read a bit more about that in detail here: https://www.unoeuro.com/support/faq/6/236/

I hope this helps.

Please don't hesitate to ask further questions :)

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft