Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tucker 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 08, 2012 @ 15:15
    Tucker

v5 RTM causes iis express to crash - suspected security/config problem

So I'm convinced that the problem is permissions related, but I can't put my finger on it.  When running v5 RTM via iis express / webmatrix the site spins up just fine, but then crashes within 7-8 secs with the error message "unhandled excpetion in iisexpress.exe".  I've tried setting trust to medium in web.config, which causes a YSOD with excpetion

"System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed."

I'm working on a machine connected to a Windows domain and have temporarily given "Everyone" full control over the folder containing the v5 site. 

Am I missing a specific setting for a service account attached to IIS Express (I thought IIS Express ran as a user process and I am a local admin on the machine)?  I'm on an XP machine and don't have the option of installing full blown IIS 7.  I currently run other MVC3 projects from within VS 2010 without issue.  Also, Umbraco 4.7.x runs within my iisexpress without issue.  At this point I'm just grasping for straws in the hopes of problem remediation.  I REALLY want to leverage v5 as part of a metadata management project I'm starting, but obviously will be stuck with v4 if configuration will be an issue for myself or members of my team.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft