Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Colin 4 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 12, 2012 @ 17:00
    Colin

Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter'.

I'm trying to publish my site using the webmatrix but keep running up against this error:

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter'.
    Source Error:
    Line 3:    <browser refID="Default">
    Line 4:      <controlAdapters>
    Line 5:        <adapter controlType="System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm"
    Line 6:                 adapterType="umbraco.presentation.urlRewriter.FormRewriterControlAdapter" />
    Line 7:      </controlAdapters>
    Source File: d:\webspace\colinclimber.co.uk\wwwroot\App_Browsers\Form.browser    Line: 5
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

which is immensly frustrating. Other forum posts mention that Umbraco has to run in the root folder and not in a virtual directory. I've copied the files to the wwwroot folder I see in my FTP account which is the root of my website so I hope this is ok.

I use wwwserver.co.uk to host my site if anyone has any experience. As you can see from the above they have updated it to ASP.NET 4 rather than their default version 2.

Any ideas or diagnostics I can try???

All help appreciated!!

Thanks

Colin

Feb 12, 2012 @ 17:03
    Colin

p.s. locally the site looks fantastic, if I can get Umbraco to work on the server I'll be a convert!

Feb 12, 2012 @ 17:21
    Colin

ah, so if I delete the umbraco.dll locally I can at least reproduce the issue I see on the server.

On the server I have a wwwroot folder but also a bin folder at the same level so I tried to copy the dll's to this folder.......but no joy.

Feb 15, 2012 @ 21:48
    Colin

Any ideas guys?

• tentonipete 78 posts 223 karma points
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 22:39
    tentonipete

I have exactly the same issue as this guy. It's a plesk server which says it supports umbraco. I've set all the permissions. I'm running in .NET 4. I'm not in a virtual directory.

Any pointers on what could be causing the above error or anything else I could try to troubleshoot would be much appreciated :(

• Wei 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 29, 2012 @ 23:09
    Wei

Colin,

Has the issue resolved? I encounter the same issue.

• tentonipete 78 posts 223 karma points
    Aug 30, 2012 @ 22:30
    tentonipete

I had the same issue, performed a fresh install uploading the files with a different ftp client and no longer encountered this issue. It doesn't appear to be anything configuration related as I made no changes and it worked.

• Punit Sharma 27 posts 96 karma points
    Sep 14, 2023 @ 12:09
    Punit Sharma

Any one can help me on this error ? How i slove this error.

enter image description here

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft