Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shwetha Shankar 21 posts 41 karma points
    Feb 14, 2012 @ 12:11
    Shwetha Shankar

Installation issue - Umbraco 5

Hi,

I am facing issues while installing Umbraco 5. I have listed all the steps I have followed to install the CMS.

1. Downloaded the CMS web application from http://umbraco.codeplex.com/releases/view/81440

2. Set up a website in the webserver to point to this extracted web application from step (1)

3. Created a new SQL Server 2008 DB

4. In <website>/Install selected the 'I already have a blank SQL Server 2008 database'. Have supplied the Server name, DB name and username and password (have supplied the sa credentials). 

When I click Install, I am taken to the ../Install/DatabaseInstall page and the page says 'Waiting for server response' and nothing happens. No progess bar is displayed either. 

Please let me know where I am going wrong. I was able to install Umbraco 4.7 without any problems.

Thanks for your help,

Shwetha

• Ederon 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 11:41
    Ederon

I have the same problem. On shared hosting. I was able to install locally with no problems. Is it matter of trust?

Thanks

Daniel

• Josiah D Thoen 18 posts 63 karma points
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 18:47
    Josiah D Thoen

Try setting your IIS to .net 4.0 classic instead of integrated pipeline for the installation.  After the install is complete, switch it back to integrated pipeline.

If you are getting the same error I was, you can see it in the chrome using the developer tools, console.  It is throwing a javascript error because an object is null or undefined.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft