Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul Darling 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 15, 2012 @ 10:26
    Paul Darling

404 problem

Please forgive me if this has been covered elsewhere but I haven’t been able to find it.  I also tried to post it earlier but it doesn’t appear to have posted.

I am trying to move an existing version 3.0.3 site to a new server (both are running Windows Server 2003, although the new box is release 2), and have no real need to upgrade.  I have backed up the database and restored it on a new server, found and installed a fresh copy of v3.0.3 on the new box, configured IIS to use ASP.Net v2, changed all the config settings that I could find that were different and re-published all the nodes.

My problem is that although I can see all the nodes/media/settings etc. and have compared them to the old site, if I click on the ‘Link to document’ I get a 404 error.

To check that this was not just the data I had moved, I have created a new page in both, the page displays in the old site, but also gives a 404 error in the new site.

I appreciate that you might need more information and so will try to answer any questions you have.  All helpful suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

• Paul Darling 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 13:19
    Paul Darling

Please ignore this issue as it has now been fixed.  The server was not correctly configured.

I do have another issue with this site, however if I can't find the answer in the forum I'll post a new question.

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft