• marmar 35 posts 28 karma points
    Jul 13, 2009 @ 03:51
    marmar

login redirect to login issue

• Umbraco Version : 4.0.2.1
  • asp.net version 2.0
  • Windows and iis version 2008sp2 iis7
  •  

after a clean install of umbraco 4.0.2.1 when trying to login, the URL in the addressbar shows

then after loging in correctly loging in (varified by Umbracolog trace with value for logHeader: login (no message)),

it would redirect me directly to the same login page with fields left blank.

i then tried to remove the:

?redir=%2fumbraco%2fumbraco.aspx</address>

from the addressbar in a new window and the login works correcly directing me to the umbraco UI

strange behaviour. but it doesnt behave this way when I Login using the server, just client computers.

any ideas?

Marc

Copy Link
  • Carl Clement 1 post 20 karma points
    Jul 16, 2009 @ 12:36
    Carl Clement

I am experiencing the same issue. We have installed version 4.0.2.1 onto a Windows 2003 Server (R2) with IIS 6. When I login on the server console all is fine regardless of the browser used. When I login on a remote client workstation in Firefox all is ok, however we have been unable to login on a remote client workstation usng IE7 or IE 8 (both in compatability mode and not).

No events in the event logs and the login just reloads the login page with blank fields.

Copy Link
  • Sume 8 posts 28 karma points
    Aug 11, 2009 @ 12:55
    Sume

Hello,

I'm totally new to this CMS, I just installed it upon a win2k8 with iis7. The installation was successful, but when I finally try to launch Umbraco and I fill login fields it redirects to the same login page. No matter if I do it either from a remote client or the server, I can't log in on the back end area.

Events tracked on the umbracoLog table in the DB show this stuff:

• 26    0    -1    2009-08-11 12:42:18.130    System    Application started at 11/08/2009 12.42.17
    • 27    0    -1    2009-08-11 12:43:12.030    System    Loading content from disk cache...
    • 28    0    -1    2009-08-11 12:43:12.083    NotFound     (from '')

I would really love to solve this issue in order to start learning how to use this highly reccomended CMS. Any ideas?

Copy Link
  • loic ponchon 36 posts 56 karma points
    Sep 01, 2011 @ 12:20
    loic ponchon

I got the same problem, i didn't resolve it yet.

When i try to connect on the front office or the back office i'm redirect to on an error.

Copy Link
  • Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft