• Peter Varberg 4 posts 20 karma points
    Jul 13, 2009 @ 11:38
    Peter Varberg

Distributed Calls/load balancing failing

Hi there!</span>

Jul 13, 2009 @ 17:42
    Peter Varberg

I'll try once more without the womderfull formatting :-)

Hi there!
    I have a problem or at least a challenge it seems. After releasing our first Umbraco site to public access it seems that I'm not able to make the distributed calls work at all.
    I have set up a local test environment containing multiple "live" sites and an administration site on one server which works perfect. The live setup where sites are distributed to five servers on the other hand is not working.
    The scenario is: The website is publicly available on four web servers placed behind a load balancing solutions which works fine for spreading calls to different servers. The administration website is located on a fifth server that is not accessible from outside our firewall. All sites are pointing to the same database. I have followed the description in the video-tutorial for this setup and added all five sites to the host file of all five servers using their internally accessible IP addresses and I have added the servers hostnames to the umbracoSettings.config an all servers as well
    <distributedCall enable="True">
        <user>0</user>
        <servers>
          <server>preview.findferien.dk</server>
          <server>web01.findferien.dk</server>
          <server>web02.findferien.dk</server>
          <server>web03.findferien.dk</server>
          <server>web04.findferien.dk</server>
        </servers>
      </distributedCall>
    Whenever I make a change in the preview server it only stays in the preview server. If a manually copy the umbraco.config file from the data directory it refreshes the cache on the servers.
    The setup is running on Umbraco 4.0.2.1 on IIS V6.0
    Hope somebody has some advice?
    Best regards
    Peter Varberg

• Nico Lubbers 151 posts 175 karma points
    Jul 14, 2009 @ 23:47
    Nico Lubbers

Check 1: Is it possible for the server on which preview.findferien.dk is running to make a webservicecall to web01.findferien.dk/umbraco/webservices/cacherefresher.asmx ?

Remark 1: tiny remark about the distributedCall attribute enable: The uppercase T on the True... shouldn't it be lowercase or is that case insensitive?

Nico

Jul 15, 2009 @ 07:06
    Peter Varberg

Just checked...

There is no problem calling web01.findferien.dk/umbraco/webservices/cacherefresher.asmx from the server that hosts preview.findferien.dk. I also tried changing the casing of True to true, which neither seems to have any influence.

Jul 17, 2009 @ 23:34
    Peter Varberg

Hi again

Just want to update you all. I find the solution.

It was a mistake made by myself. I had not set the prober rights for NETWORK SERVICE user account o have full rights in the config folder.

• Rasmus Østergård 19 posts 81 karma points c-trib
    Jun 01, 2010 @ 09:57
    Rasmus Østergård

Thank you Peter for your post on the solution.

In my case it was the data folder where NETWORK SERVICE needed full controle - setting it on the config folder did nothing. 

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft