Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ray Fan 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 17:38
    Ray Fan

Where is the blog starter kit with 5.0 source?

I just downloaded the 5.0 source and got it running with sqlce, but I didn't see the list of starter kits mentioned in this video http://umbraco.com/help-and-support/video-tutorials/getting-started/installing-umbraco.aspx It only had one starter kit with developer books sample data, where can I get the other starter kits?

• Justin Spradlin 139 posts 347 karma points
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 18:06
    Justin Spradlin

I am not sure if there is a v5 version of the blog starter kit yet. I only know of one for version 5 so far. It is very nice by the way but does not have the blog engine.

uBootstrap - Based on Twitter Bootstrap http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/ubootstrap

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Feb 16, 2012 @ 23:41
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ray

As Justin is saying above there is currently no blog package available for Umbraco 5. In fact there are not many packages available for Umbraco 5 at the moment. But if I'm not mistaken some of the members in the community are collborating on a blog package for U5 - But I don't know when it will be released.

I bet most package developers are working hard to make their packages compatible with the new version of Umbraco but it will probably take some time before there are many packages available and there is no guarentee that the packages available for U4 will also be available for U5 - it's entirely up to the developers and the community.

/Jan

• Elias Griffin 3 posts 24 karma points
    Feb 17, 2012 @ 01:50
    Elias Griffin

Thanks for the ubootstrap link, very useful.

• Patompol Taesuji 17 posts 39 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 09:57
    Patompol Taesuji

I want use another starter kit of Umbraco 5. Can someone advice me?

Thank you 

PT

• Toby Dodds 1 post 21 karma points
    Apr 24, 2012 @ 20:24
    Toby Dodds

The lack of a blog starter kit is a major issue for myself and I'm sure many others. Does anyone know the status of this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft