Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• crjunk 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 06:00
    crjunk

US Web Hosting Recomendations

Can anyone recomend (or tell me who to stay away from) an inexpensive US web host that is easy to get Umbraco up and running?  I'm wanting to create a personal web site that might eventually be migrated into more of a business site. I've read a lot of great things about softsyshosting.com, but I'm hoping to find someone with a better 3-4 contract price.

Are there any other hosting providers not listed that I should look at? I'm looking at the following providers: 

• softsyshosting.com
    • accuwebhosting.com
    • mochahost.com
    • discountasp.net

Thanks for the feedback!

• crjunk 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 18, 2012 @ 07:25
    crjunk

I also forgot to mention arvixe.com.

• David F. Hill 122 posts 242 karma points
    Feb 21, 2012 @ 00:03
    David F. Hill

Hi,

I have used DiscountASP.Net for years for several different Umbraco projects with a lot of success.

A colleague has used http://www.winhost.com/ for multiple budget-minded Umbraco sites and recommends them.

HTH,

David

• andy 25 posts 94 karma points c-trib
    May 14, 2019 @ 15:30
    andy

Hi,

I'd stay away from A2 hosting, their entire Windows shared hosting infrastructure was crippled by ransomware last month. Took them about a week to get my server back up and running. Still sounds like customers battling to get up to date backups restored. https://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-server-hosting-provider-still-down-a-week-after-ransomware-attack/

• John Palmer 76 posts 201 karma points
    May 27, 2019 @ 07:39
    John Palmer

I would recommend asphostportal.com for Umbraco hosting. I've been working with them for almost 5 years, they are good and very stable.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft