Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Bex 444 posts 555 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 13:55
    Bex

Adding a Virtual Dir under Umbraco (not installing umbraco in a VD)

Hi

Now I'm not even sure this is possible, but I want to add another website under the umbraco website domain in IIS so I go www.umbracowebsite.com/myVD (yeah I know don't ask..!!) and I figured the easiest way to do this is to create a virtual directory within the website and stick my other website in there.. (a none umbraco website)

I have tried this but a get a url rewriting error coming from the umbraco webconfig. 

I know it's a long shot, but anyone know if there's a way round it?

Bex

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Feb 22, 2012 @ 14:00
    jaygreasley

Hey Bex,

You can do that, just add an entry in the umbracoReservedPaths section in web.config for the subfolder

hth

Jay

Feb 22, 2012 @ 14:09
    Bex

Thanks for the quick response Jay!
    I have just tried adding ~/vdname/ under  umbracoReservedUrls and umbracoReservedPaths and neither seem to stop the erro.

The error I am actually getting is:

Could not load file or assembly 'UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

ine 87:     <httpModules>
    Line 88:       <!-- URL REWRTIER -->
    Line 89: <add name="UrlRewriteModule" type="UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter"/> Line 90:       <add name="umbracoRequestModule" type="umbraco.presentation.requestModule"/>

Line 91: <!-- UMBRACO -->       

Where am I going wrong?

Feb 23, 2012 @ 12:24
    Bex

Ok, I worked out sort of what I needed to do, but only putting for others reference as it didn't work quite right and I didn't have time to work out why so did it another way.

If you fiddle with this enough and did it right I'm sure it would definitely work!

If put <clear/> in various parts of the child webconfig, for example the handlers and httpmodules it blanks out the stuff in the parent (umbraco) webconfig so it doesn't try and run the url redirect. I ended up putting it in too many places as a few things were causing problems but it threw this error

No HTTP Handler found for the request type 'GET'

so obviously I cleared too much, but if you can get this wroking I'm sure it would work fine.

Hope this helps someone get at least half way there!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft