Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Nielsen 82 posts 362 karma points
    Feb 24, 2012 @ 13:38
    Michael Nielsen

After install: 500 - Internal server error

I have installed Umbraco with the Web Platform Installer, and after install it asks me if I want to setup the website, but going to the url gives me the error below.

The server I am installing it on is a Windows Server 2008 R2 with SP1 (IIS 7.5)

CustomErrors is set to Off

I also tried to upload Umbraco via FTP but I got the same error.

Server Error

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

• Bobby Wallace 37 posts 58 karma points
    May 05, 2012 @ 22:01
    Bobby Wallace

Mike... did you ever find an answer for this problem? I will continue to look, but this error is creating a setback for us.

• Michael Nielsen 82 posts 362 karma points
    May 30, 2012 @ 19:10
    Michael Nielsen

Hi Bobby

Yeah, and sorry for the slow answer...

My problem was related to folder permissions, the server was preinstalled with IIS7 and SQL Server 2008 and labeled as an "Umbraco Partner Server" from our hosting partner.

I then just asumed that they had done everything needed to install Umbraco, but they had not set the correct folder permissions.

• N a s 2 posts 22 karma points
    May 31, 2012 @ 03:01
    N a s

I get a similar error when trying to install a Starter Kit.  When changing the CustomErrors mode to Off and refreshing the target page, it says:

An item with the same key has already been added.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.]
       System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource) +52
       System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add) +9374651
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.packager.Installer.LoadConfig(String tempDir) +3396
       umbraco.presentation.install.steps.Skinning.loadStarterKits.SelectStarterKit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +279
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +113
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +9
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +176
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

This is after a FRESH install, not some update or anything (also using the latest 4.7 bits from CodePlex).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft