Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Arthur 5 posts 25 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 19:45
    Arthur

Migrating Umbarco 4.7

Hey, 

I want to migrate an exsisting umbarco install from our developer's website into my private virtual server.

I suppose that the server configuration will be different i.e SQL server maybe different version .. ISS .. an so on .. 

I wanted to understand what would you recommend as a method to migrate the install ..

I know my way around manually installing web applications (DB, IIS included).. would that be the case if so where can i find a manual on what settings are required to manually install exsisting Umbarco Website on a new server.

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 20:01
    Lennart Stoop

Hi Arthur,

I prefer migrating the application manually, which basically comes down to backup/restore the DB, copying the files and setting up IIS.

There's not much to it, the one thing people usually forget is to make sure all file permissions are set correctly (depending on the app pool identity used in IIS)

You can check out these pages on the wiki to make sure the file permissions are set correctly:

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions

http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/set-umbraco-folder-permissions-from-command-line

Grtz

L

Feb 27, 2012 @ 20:40
    Arthur

Thank you so much .. if you could only give me a hint (or a link) on what web application setting are required for the iis that would help alot...

• Lennart Stoop 304 posts 842 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 20:53
    Lennart Stoop

There's not much to be configured in IIS, you just need to make sure the application pool runs under .NET 4 / integrated pipeline mode.

Check out this nice article by Sebastiaan on installing Umbraco manually.

Feb 27, 2012 @ 20:59
    Arthur

Again thank you !

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft