Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonas Berling 30 posts 50 karma points
    Mar 01, 2012 @ 19:02
    Jonas Berling

Installation of 4.7.1.1 looks fine but nothing works

This is a follow-up of this thread: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/29295-Install-of-4711-halted-at-database-step-(step-3) which turned out not to be solved at all.

Everything looks good. The installation has created a number of tables in the database and filled some of them with data. I can log in and see my backroom. But there is no menu on the top and when I right click a top node in the leftmost pane, such as Content, Media or Settings, all I see is what I guessis an empty area with no menu selections in it. What on earth is going on? As the database is populated I thought I could rule out any security-related error, but maybe that is not the case?

As described in the previous thread I try to install 4.7.1.1 on a shared host with .NET 4.

• Jonas Berling 30 posts 50 karma points
    Mar 01, 2012 @ 19:34
    Jonas Berling

I decided to re-start from the beginning and dropped all tables an removed all files. Copied all files back again, added my connection string the web.config and browsed to my server. The browser based installation part started perfectly and finished step 1 and 2. When running step 3 I selected that I already have an empty SQL Server database and the application had already selected the correct values for DB etc (as they were in my web.config). The progress bar moves up to 35% (stating "Populating tables") and then halts and changes to -1%. Poff! I have no clue, but the tables are in the DB and they seem to be populated as far as I can see. Any ideas on where to look for solutions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft