Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ArtVandelay 9 posts 29 karma points
    Mar 03, 2012 @ 16:58
    ArtVandelay

Umbraco V5 installation problem

Hello everyone,

I have a small problem installing Umbraco v5. I have never used Umbraco before so I am kinda newbie. I have installed umbraco via web platform installer and no problem there. However, when I go to http://localhost:xyz/Install and try to install Umbraco I have this problem.

I use blank database (sql 2008) and use "sa" as username and succesfully get this step. ( I can use SQL CE 4 as well ) . However in 3rd step, I create a user and when I press the "Create User" button it redirects me to "Welcome" page without any error message or anything.

Basically my problem is, I can't get the 4th step and it always redirects me to the 1st step "Welcome Page".

What should I do? Any sugestion?

Thanks, In advance.

Mar 06, 2012 @ 14:57
    ArtVandelay

After long hours I have found the solution.

There is a bug which is related to Nhibernate v3.1 (that is what umbraco v5 uses). In Turkish language letter "i" and "I" are not identical. That is why when you are trying to "create user" it gives you:

"NHibernate.HibernateException: Wrong column type in AttributeDateValue for column Id. Found: uniqueidentifier, Expected UNIQUEIDENTIFIER" error in log files.

Because of this, here is what you have to do:

1) Download Nhibernate v3.1 source code and look for the "NHibernate\Mapping\Table.sc"

2)When you found it replace:

bool typesMatch = column.GetSqlType(dialect, mapping).ToLower().StartsWith(columnInfo.TypeName.ToLower());

to this, bool typesMatch = column.GetSqlType(dialect, mapping).ToLowerInvariant().StartsWith(columnInfo.TypeName.ToLowerInvariant());

3)If you get "Key Error" when  you are building the solution, right click on the "Nhibernate" solution then click properties. Click signing on left menu and click on the check box "Sign the assembly". Then you click on browse and find the "Nhibernate.snk" (which is under in the Nhibernate folder).

4)Build the solution.

5)Open Umbraco source code and look for "Framework" folder and then find "Umbraco.Framework.Persistence.NHibernate" go to references delete "Nhibernate.dll"

6)Browse for the dll that you have created under "C:\XXX\NHibernate 3.1\src\NHibernate\bin\Debug-2.0\Nhibernate.dll"

7)Build the solution.

8)Install Umbraco.

PS: I have tried to use Nhibernate v3.2 (which fixes the Turkish letter "i" "I" issue) but I think Umbraco have problem with Nhibernate v3.2 which makes it crash.

I hope in the next release Umbraco team will fix that bug.

If any of you guys make work Umbraco v5 with Nhibernate v3.2 please let me know.

Caner Sahin.

• Eray 11 posts 31 karma points
    Mar 06, 2012 @ 16:31
    Eray

you must vote this http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30649

how can i send you pm ?

Mar 06, 2012 @ 16:46
    ArtVandelay

Hello Eray,

I have voted up your solution. Wish I could have seen it earlier though :)

Have you ever tried to running Umbraco v5 RTM with Nhibernate v3.2?

facebook.com/sahincaner You can pm me there

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft