Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Perks 32 posts 114 karma points
    Mar 08, 2012 @ 13:27
    Chris Perks

CMS back office performance problem - instance with 25 sites

Hi,

I'm experiencing performance problems with an Umbraco instance containing 25 sites, all running on one server.

Here's a little information:

• Content on the website itself is being delivered in a timely fashion - we've got our caching tuned pretty well.
    • Back office / content editing takes the IIS worker process up to 2GB RAM usage / 80%+ CPU and hovers there indefinately, until we eventually refresh the application pool.

My questions:

• Is there any way in Umbraco to assign a separate application pool to each of the sites in an Umbraco instance?
    • Does anyone have similar experiences when running an instance with 25+ sites? I'd like to compare server specs and see whether we just need more juice, or whether it is a tuning issue.
    • Have Umbraco / the community published any resources on performance tuning the CMS interface side? I've found lots of good resources on tuning content delivery (mostly around caching strategies) but not much on lightening the loads for editors.

Many thank.

• denisedelbando 141 posts 339 karma points
    Mar 02, 2015 @ 23:00
    denisedelbando

have you solved this? I am having the same problem >_<

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 05:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Avatart0ph

What exact version of Umbraco are you using? And how many sites does your site contain? And how many nodes? Which packages are you using? What database is being used? When did the issue start? What changes wasmade when it started?

/Jan

• Nicholas Westby 2054 posts 7100 karma points c-trib
    Mar 03, 2015 @ 07:57
    Nicholas Westby

Regarding the memory issue, I'm thinking that's expected IIS behavior (IIS seems to avoid garbage collection unless absolutely necessary). Refer to my thread here: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/61448-Memory-Climbs-2GB-in-11-Hours-in-Umbraco-718

The CPU issue is still a problem though. For anybody wishing to help avatart0ph, here's another thread with more details: https://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/61836-Umbraco-is-getting-slower-and-slower

I am curious if Chris ever found a fix for the CPU issue (though, my guess is it was caused by something other than my or avatart0ph's issue).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft