Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• HeMac 3 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 09, 2012 @ 15:52
    HeMac

Can't log in with admin/password at installation

I tried to install Umbraco 5 CMS to WinHost.com, but can't log in before step 4.

Umbraco installation has several steps:

1. welcome;

2. setup database;

3, create user;

4, install start kit;

5. ...

My installation went over step 3(create admin user/password), installation procedure requires login (with admin/password created in step 3), I typed, but failed, say "invalid username or password".

First time I thought I could forget the password, then I deleted the database, and deleted some files in App_Data folder, and do installation from beginning.

The second time, at step 3, I carefully wrote down user name/password, and when procedure prompts login, I typed the username/password, failed again.

So I can't complete the installation. 

Did anyone encounter this login problem when installing Umbraca 5 CMS on WinHost.com server, how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance.

I also posted this issue on WinHost.com forum:http://forum.winhost.com/showthread.php?p=20198#post20198

• HeMac 3 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 13:56
    HeMac

I did fresh installation 4 times, some admin/password login error occured before Step 4.

What I Did:

1. download Umbraco_5.0_WebDeploy.zip and unzip it.

2. FTP all files(and folders) under the unzip folder "umbraco" to root of my account at WinHost.com

3. change web.config file, only change is set <trust level="Full"/>

4. create SQL Server 2008 R2 database;

5. copied MVC .dlls to /bin;

6. Open http://ottawach.w01.winhost.com/Umbraco to start install;

Every time I can complete first 3 steps, but failed at admin/password login before Step 4.

Did I miss something? Can anyone give me some help? 

• Haglee 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 08:58
    Haglee

I have the same issue, have you solved this?

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Mar 30, 2012 @ 22:49
    Danny

I have this same issue with 5.01

• Peter 24 posts 102 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 17:27
    Peter

Exactly the same problem here too. Have any of you solved the problem? Just as HeMac I'm a customer with WinHost.com

• Danny 49 posts 104 karma points
    Apr 03, 2012 @ 17:37
    Danny

I realized in my case that I had initially tried to start running setup before I had given the web directory correct security permissions.  After giving the app pool user permissions to the dir, I completely started over (deleted database, deleted all Umbraco files) and it worked without a hitch that go-around.

Apr 03, 2012 @ 18:05
    Peter

Sorry to ask but how do I give this permission: "After giving the app pool user permissions to the dir" - I'm on shared hosting.

Apr 05, 2012 @ 15:04
    Peter

My application pool is running under IIS IUSR security content and has full set of permissions on the root and other directories - should that not be it - or?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft