Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shay 3 posts 23 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 05:43
    Shay

Umbraco 5 - Admin Login Url??

OK, so am completely new to Umbraco and not overly familiar with MVC yet, but how the heck do I log in to the backend.

I installed OK, and installed some sample pages which I can browse to but I can't find anywhere to get to the admin section. There is an Areas folder which seems to have a login.cshtml page under Umbraco/Views but when I try to browse to it, it gives the following

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'ASP._Page_Areas_Umbraco_Views_Default_Login_cshtml' to type 'System.Web.IHttpHandler'.

How long has version 5 been released? Does not seem to be a lot of documentation out there yet and very frustrating for a new user.

Thanks in advance

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 07:12
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. The backoffice's url should be the same as in the Umbraco 4, i.e. "http://yourdomain.com/umbraco". Doesn't it work?

Mar 15, 2012 @ 07:20
    Shay

Hi,

Yep you are right. The sample data was throwing me off as I was looking for a link to the admin section. Rookie error :-)

I am also getting some compilation errors when I try to build in Visual Studio

Error    59    The name 'Url' does not exist in the current context    D:\MISCode\Source\Application\Umbraco\Umbraco\App_Plugins\Packages\DevDataset\Views\_DevDatasetLayout.cshtml    6   

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mar 15, 2012 @ 07:27
    Shay

I added the following to the top of the page and it solved the build problem

@inherits RenderViewPage
    @using Umbraco.Cms.Web;

I presume it is just an oversite with this particular build version I have?

Thanks

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft