Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 09:50
    Richard Terris

Migration to Umbraco

Hello guys,

Looking for some info, and I couldn't find a more relevent section to post this.

A client is looking to migrate their old custom SQL Server CMS to Umbraco in the easiest and quickest way.

I've had a look at a few solutions such as Cogworks (which seems to relate specifically to Immediacy CMS) and UmbImport (which seems to relate to specific document types like excel and access).

Running some queries in SQL server means I can get the data into excel fairly easily but I then have the issue of importing to Umbraco.

There are a lot of content pages so I don't want to do it manually, and I'd like to offer this service to other clients in order to get as many customers onto Umbraco as possible.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Richard

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 09:54
    Michael Latouche

Hi Richard,

Did you already have a look at CMSImport : http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/cmsimport?

Cheers,

Michael.

• Richard Terris 273 posts 715 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:05
    Richard Terris

Hi Michael, 

Yes that was one of the solutions I was looking at.

I'm actually looking more into it at the moment - I think either way, there isn't going to be any solution that involves just a button click which I think is what the client is hoping for.

But anything that avoids having to manually do this is a step in the right direction

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft