Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mikael Mørup 297 posts 326 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 12:09
    Mikael Mørup

Installing umbraco 5 on danish windows 7

I'm trying to install umbraco 5 o my Danish windows 7 machine with SQL server 2008 installed.

The installer starts ok, i type in the required info for the database and the progres bar moves to the end when trying to contact the server (my local machine). After the timeout i manually refresh the page and get this YSOD:

Serverfejl i programmet '/'.

Could not create mapping group 'default'. Errors:
    Writers:
    Key: nhibernate, Error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: En værdi må ikke være null.
    Parameternavn: bootstrapper
      ved Umbraco.Framework.Mandate.That[TException](Boolean condition, Func`2 defer)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.Mandate.ParameterNotNull[T](T value, String paramName)
      ved Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass28.<Build>b__e(IResolutionContext x)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacContainerBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForFactory>b__0(IComponentContext x)
      ved Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.<Register>b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      ved Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      ved Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.<Execute>b__6()
      ved Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute()
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      --- Slut på staksporing af indre undtagelser ---
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.Resolve[T](String name)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.TryResolve[T](String name)

Readers:
    Key: nhibernate, Error: System.InvalidOperationException: Could not resolve a writer or a reader for key nhibernate.
    Reader error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: En værdi må ikke være null.
      ved Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass2a.<Build>b__f(IResolutionContext x)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacContainerBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForFactory>b__0(IComponentContext x)
      ved Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.<Register>b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      ved Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p)
      ved Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.GetOrCreateAndShare(Guid id, Func`1 creator)
      ved Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
      ved Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveNamed[TService](IComponentContext context, String serviceName)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.Resolve[T](String name)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.TryResolve[T](String name).
    Writer error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: En værdi må ikke være null.
      ved Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass28.<Build>b__e(IResolutionContext x)
      ved Umbraco.Framework.DependencyManagement.Autofac.AutofacResolutionContext.TryResolve[T](String name)

Does anybody know what the problem can be ?

Mikael

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 14:24
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. Actually I have no clue what the real reason of the error could be, but if you suspect that it can be a locale-related problem you can try and make the application to get the english locale by adding a <globalization> setting to your web.config (under the <system.web> section):

<globalization culture="en-US" uiCulture="en-US"/>
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 15:00
    Mikael Mørup

Thanks.

I dont think it's a locale related problem, somehow the installer can't talk to the SQL server on my machine. I know for sure that the information i typed in is correct. I already have a 4.7.0 site running using the same SQl server so i'm kind of stomped on this one...

Mar 16, 2012 @ 10:42
    Mikael Mørup

UPDATE:

I got these WARNs in the log file:

2012-03-16 10:30:43,116 [1] WARN  Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder [(null)] - No bootstrapper was registered for Hive provider nhibernate
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,266 [1] WARN  Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder [(null)] - Config 'default' wants reader provider with key nhibernate but it's not registered or can't be instantiated - check the available providers section. Error: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,405 [1] WARN  Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder [(null)] - No bootstrapper was registered for Hive provider nhibernate
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,583 [1] WARN  Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder [(null)] - Config 'default' wants read-write provider with key nhibernate but it's not registered - check the available providers section. Error: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,790 [1] WARN  Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder [(null)] - No bootstrapper was registered for Hive provider nhibernate
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,960 [1] WARN  Umbraco.Hive.DemandBuilders.HiveDemandBuilder [(null)] - Config 'default' wants read-write provider with key nhibernate but it's not registered - check the available providers section. Error: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,963 [1] INFO  Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.Boot.BootManager [(null)] - Application start took 6033ms
    2012-03-16 10:30:43,964 [1] ERROR Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication [(null)] - An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.
    Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Could not create mapping group 'default'. Errors:
    Writers:
    Key: nhibernate, Error: Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: En værdi må ikke være null.

Mar 16, 2012 @ 14:31
    Mikael Mørup

I solved the issue.

There was something wronmg with the .net installation on the machine, reinstalled and now Umbraco 5 installs without a problem.

I wonder how umbraco 4.7.0 could run though.

• Rasmus Trumf 78 posts 160 karma points
    Mar 18, 2012 @ 02:10
    Rasmus Trumf

Could you please tell what was wrong. I have the same problem on a production server and have tried to reinstall .net but no luck

Thanks
    Rasmus

Mar 19, 2012 @ 08:17
    Mikael Mørup

ASP.net was not properly installed for the local IIS.

The reason the 4.7.0 sites was running was that it was using IIS expres / webmatrix.

So i installed .net for the local IIS and then things started to work as expected.

Mar 19, 2012 @ 17:24
    Rasmus Trumf

OK thanks, my problem was a security issue...

• Søren Reinke 158 posts 206 karma points c-trib
    Apr 19, 2012 @ 15:07
    Søren Reinke

Rasmus, and how did you solve it?

Apr 19, 2012 @ 22:45
    Rasmus Trumf

I have had quite a lot of issues the past 8 weeks since I'm new to Umbraco, but I gave up on installing on production and installed on my dev machine instead and moved the files to production afterwards. I share DB from production on dev. No problems installing on dev using DB on production...

I still have issues with security on prod but that is another thread i here :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft