Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Hardy Wang 91 posts 112 karma points
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 15:48
    Hardy Wang

Trouble to Install from Web Platform Installer

I need to install Umbraco 4.7.1.1 on my Windows Server 2008 R2 from Web Platform Installer, and faced a lot of troubles, I tried both command line and GUI installation.

From command line webplcmd I received error message: Unexpected exception occurred, ProductId NETFramework4 not found. Even though I am 100% sure .Net 4.0 has been installed successfully.

From GUI I can download, while at step 2 to configure SQL Server, I got following exception messages, even Web Platform Installer indicates SMO for SQL 2008 R2 has been installed successfully.

EXCEPTION: Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentFatalException: The SQL provider cannot run because of a missing dependency. Please make sure that Microsoft SQL Server Management Objects (Version 10 or higher) is installed. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'Microsoft.SqlServer.BatchParser, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91'

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SMOHelper.GetATypeFromBatchParserDll()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SMOHelper.ThrowIfSmoCannotBeLoaded()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SMOHelper.ThrowIfSmoCannotBeLoaded()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SqlServerDatabaseProvider.GetAttributes(DeploymentAddAttributeContext addContext)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.EnsureValidAttributes()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.Clone(DeploymentObjectAttributeData replaceAttribute)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.ManifestProvider.<get_ChildObjects>d__7.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.<GetChildren>d__0.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncEnumerable.<Create>d__0.MoveNext()

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildrenOrder(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildren(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.ProcessSync(DeploymentObject destinationObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(String provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentWellKnownProvider provider, String path, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)

at Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.MSDeployProxy.Install(InstallerContext context, RemoteCredentials remoteCredentials)

Anybody experience the same issue before and how did you solve the problem?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2012 @ 21:49
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Hardy

I must admit that I have not seen this issue before.

Did you try to install Umbraco using WebMatrix as well? If not I will recommend that you try doing it this way. The benefit of using webmatrix is that it will check to see if all the neccesary dependencies are installed. And if they're not it will be added to the installation so it's installed along with Umbraco.

Hope this helps you as a workaround. Don't have any clues to what is causing the above erros. Best guess is missing dependencies somehow.

/Jan

• Hardy Wang 91 posts 112 karma points
    Mar 16, 2012 @ 13:52
    Hardy Wang

I found another thread http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/20894-Stumped-by-The-SQL-provider-cannot-run-because-of-a-missing-dependecy with similar problem the solution.

Basically in your WebPI package you don't detect if the OS is 32bit or 64bit, your code requires 32bit SQL SMO CLR but WebPI only installs 64bit codes for a 64bit OS. I have to install 32bit manually.

I hope you can make some improvement to your WebPI package.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft