Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Fourfinger 24 posts 44 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 12:35
    Fourfinger

Moving Umbraco to IIS

Hello,

I'm trying to deploy the Umbraco website I built.

I'd like to run it on IIS 5 on a Windows XP SP3 machine with SQL Server 2008 R2 on it.

After I replicated the database, all my columns which are Identity(1,1) in the original database, are now of type "int". This makes Umbraco go like this:

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'VersionDate', table 'DatabaseName.dbo.cmsContentVersion'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The statement has been terminated.

Now, I 've spent the whole day looking around for a solution, or a procedure on how to go about this, but I can't seem to find a clear explanation.

If you'd like you can visit the (what's visible) website here: begijnhof.no-ip.org/ImmoDex

Also it's not showing the CSS properly. Ive found a lot of topics on this, but none were properly answered.

I'm guessing that somewhere dee down in the dark bowels of Umbraco there is a setting in which the website keeps his root domain? Which used to be localhost:33843 and which is now domain.com/Folder/

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 17:02
    Tim

It looks like the database might not have been copied correctly, what method did you use to copy the database across?

For the CSS is it the front end CSS that isn't displaying, or the back end?

Have you installed the site in the root of the site or in a sub-folder?

• Fourfinger 24 posts 44 karma points
    Mar 21, 2012 @ 22:44
    Fourfinger

Hello Tim,

Yes, it's true. The database didn't copy the "primary key" settings for the columns properly. Thi is a setting in SQL Server 2008 when you copy to another SQL instance/SQL database. You check "keep entity identity" in the mapping settings or something similar.

For the CSS, it's the CSS on the front end that is not displaying. The website is in IIS in a subsite. In the meanwhile I read that it could have something to do with that fact, but it's still weird..

The website is inside a virtual folder, inside a website. I'm going to try and deploy it on the previewserver tomorrow.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft