Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Greasley 4 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 15:57
    David Greasley

Error installing Umbraco modules on IIS7

Hi, I am running Umbraco 4.7.1.1 on Windows 7 throuhg IIS7.

Umbraco itself works fine but no modules will install. Some throw an error about /Installer.ascx being missing and some complete installation without error but don't copy any files to the right place.

All files end up in C:\Code\SESWeb\src\Umbraco\UmbracoFramework\SESWeb\umbraco\<MODULE FOLDER>\ when they should be in C:\Code\SESWeb\src\Umbraco\UmbracoFramework\umbraco\<MODULE FOLDER>

I have found a few similar problems online but nothign specifically this and nothing with a useful solution. There is no documentation on an issue like this that is easy to find.

Does anyone have any insights?

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 18:23
    Ayo Adesina

I have had an issue before when it comes to installing plugins from the built in repository within umbraco, nothing would show. In the end it turned out to be a permessions issue. In my exprince a lot of installation issues come down to having the correct permessions set to the right folders, I have actually come on the the fourms to post a question related to permessions, so in short check out your permessions and see if the are set correctly.

• David Greasley 4 posts 71 karma points c-trib
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 15:06
    David Greasley

Hi Ayo,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the permissions on my installation and they are correct. I have even granted all permissions to everyone to see if that would make any difference, but to no avail.

I can't see how permissions would place things in the wrong place though. If things were just not being copied then it would shout permissions but the fact is all the contents of the packages are copied but they are not copied to the right place. It is as if the package installer is appending the application directory name on the end of the path it should be using.

Has anyone else come across issues installing packages with Umbraco installed as an application in IIS7?

Dave

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft