Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brian Mills 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 23, 2012 @ 01:15
    Brian Mills

install worked, settings dont

I'm new to Umbraco, but a seasoned .Net dev who wanted to start using Umbraco for a number of websites so I dont have to do the basic updates myself. 

I've tried installing manually on my win7/VS2010 machine, as well as via NuGet, and I get the same issue. The settings area doesnt work. (The first thing I want to do is implement a custom template to customise the site to the client design).

When I hit the settings area its OK, but  but when I open "Templates" and then "Layout" in the settings tree, I get a 404.0 error on the right side. of the screen. 

It is looking for this URL:

http://umbraco2.local:80/Umbraco/Editors/TemplateEditor/Edit/storage$net_root$templates$_p__templates$_v__string$__Layout.c$html

Am I missing something? 

I've already had a look arround the wiki and documentation on GitHub and on this site, but I cant find reference to the problem. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:36
    Brian Mills

Is anyone able to help me? I've just tried the same thing with a fresh install of 5.1 with no luck either. 

1. I've installed manually on my win7 machine. 
    2. I work on MVC3 c# projects on this machine, so I have mvc installed.
    3. I used a new website to host the files downloaded. 

The site works (I can see the content side) and I can log into the admin.

However all the admin pages dont load. Any thoughts?

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 12:46
    Grant Thomas

I wonder why the port number is being explicitly specified... is your site set up as a fully-fledged IIS hosted site? Pretty sure that's a requirement (though if it wasn't you'd probably get much different problems (YSOD, etc.)).

Did you try creating a brand new template? I've personally never used the default _Layout thing and mostly delete this straight off the bat.

Apr 27, 2012 @ 03:29
    Brian Mills

I have a full IIS site, on port 80, and umbraco is in the root of the site (using a host header in the hosts file). It uses its own .Net 4 app pool using integrated mode. I also have the asp.net MVC 3 package and visual studio tools update installed. 

I have clicked on most nodes. The document type nodes work (like 'Books Page'), also media types node works. But stylesheets, scripts, templates and partials dont work the throw the above errors.

When I try and create a template I get the first page (to set the name, but after that it throws a similar error 404.0 not found error). 

Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:39
    Brian Mills

In the end I added Umbraco to a MVC website in Visual Studio through Nuget, which got it working correctly. I'm not sure why it didnt work installing the package straight to IIS. 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft