Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sam 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 00:13
    Sam

Nothing Works After moving Umbraco to new host.

An error occurred while processing your request. is the error I get when I try save and publish. i tried republishing the entire site without much help.

I tried to turn custom errors on but I get connection timed out in my browser.

I am using

umbraco v 4.0.2.1 (Assembly version: 1.0.3441.17657)

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Mar 27, 2012 @ 13:05
    Tim

This could be a number of things, it sounds like the back office is working OK, as you can actually get to save and publish, so my first guess would be that it's a permissions problem. You need to make sure that the new hosting has the app pool identity set up with the permissions described in this wiki article: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/reference/files-and-folders/permissions otherwise you won't be able to publish anything, as it won't be able to create/modify the XML file for the site. Check that those permissions are set, and see if you can publish OK.

If not, can you post some more information, like: Server version, Version of IIS, as well you can look in the "umbracoLog" table in the database and see if there's anything in there relating to the error and post anything you find here!

Hope that helps.

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft