Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Birkner 1 post 21 karma points
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 07:42
    Adam Birkner

Errors after installing using WPI

Hello,

I'm new to Umbraco. I've created a new website on my server on a subdomain and used WPI to install Umbraco.

First I installed Umbraco CMS 5 (2/12/12) and for simplicity used SQL CE

The install seemed to work and I was directed to /install/

On that page there are no styles many 404 errors. It's like everything is trying to be redirected to /login.aspx 

For example, I have 16 of these errors:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)http://design.mydomain.com/login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fAreas%2fInstall%2fContent%2fStyles%2fjquery-ui-1.8.6.custom.css

After trying with no luck several times I made another website and tried to install Umbraco CMS (1/11/12)

While not the same errors every link I click redirects me to /install/default.aspx (ex: http://umbraco.mydomain.com/install/default.aspx?redir=true&url=/install#single-tab4)

And Chrome shows an error Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < default.aspx:3 (it shows doctype starting there)

So in a last ditch effort I tried to open in VS2010 and debug and I recieve this build error: Error 18 Could not create type 'umbraco.webservices.documents.documentService'.

C:\[...]\umbraco\webservices\api\DocumentService.asmx 1

Does anyone know where I've gone wrong? Should I be doing a manual install vs a WPI install? I'm really excited to try the product out but so far the expierence has been disheartening.

Thanks for your help

-Adam

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 11x admin c-trib
    Mar 28, 2012 @ 09:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Adam - welcome to the community :)

Just a quick suggestion since I'm about to attend a course, which starts in 1 minute - Try downloading WebMatrix and install Umbraco from here. The benefit is that WebMatrix makes sure that all neccesary dependencies are being installed as well. Just select the SQL CE db and install Umbraco.

Once Umbraco has been installed you can copy the files from the "my websites" folder to the appropiate place on your disk and setup an IIS 7.5 site pointing to it. And you can then migrate the DB to MSSQL if needed.

Hope these pointers help.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft