Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam Courtney 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 03:47
    Adam Courtney

Umbraco CMS client interface/CSS is broken after server move

Hi there

I have created an Umbraco site on my local dev Win7 PC running IIS, it's now ready to be deployed to another server Win2008 IIS.

I exported the SQLExpress DB and zipped up the contents of the IIS directory for this website, sent them to the other server, installed a plain Umbraco site, imported the DB into the SQLExpress there, copied my contents over the top of the install and changed the DB connection string.

So far so good, in that the website appears to all load correctly and looks perfect.

However, the actual Umbraco CMS client interface is broken. It shows the login screen, albeit the login form is pinned to the left side rather than being centred, and I can log in .... but once I do I am greeted with a basically ueless page. There are no controls, just two non-CSS stylised headers ("Content" and "Sections") and a few buttons up the top such as "Create", "Help", "About", "Log Out".

I think perhaps the CMS controls and CSS is somehow screwed up, I am not sure how this happened though?

Any help/solutions? It's doing my head in! :D

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 04:46
    Paul Blair

When there is no formatting this is usually an indication that client dependency isn't working and the reason for that is most likely that you don't have write permissions setup correctly for the web service

• Paul Blair 466 posts 731 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 04:57
  • Adam Courtney 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 06:08
    Adam Courtney

You're spot on! I fixed the permissions and voila, all looks presentable! Nice one :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft