Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Martin Howell 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 29, 2012 @ 13:26
    Martin Howell

Installation error - virtual path

I've installed Umbraco (4.7.1.1 ass:1.0.4393.24044) and selected the simple site template but when I clicked on the Preview link I got:

The virtual path '/Umbraco%20CMS/default.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The virtual path '/Umbraco%20CMS/default.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: The virtual path '/Umbraco%20CMS/default.aspx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.]
       System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfNotWithinAppRoot() +3116918
       System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(String path, Boolean rebaseClientPath) +156
       System.Web.HttpContext.RewritePath(String path) +6
       umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +2091
       System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
       System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       System.Web.UI.Page.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +9009702
       System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +31
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +328

I am using Visual Studio 2010 sp1 and I didn't change any of the default settings during installation only Database related stuff to get in installed in the first place (config and some sql tools it needed).

Any ideas?

• Martin Howell 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:04
    Martin Howell

Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft