Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Carsten 13 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 04, 2012 @ 13:01
    Carsten

Cannot install Umbraco 5 from Web-PI

Hello folks,

in future projects I want to use Umbraco 5 to get advantage of the MVC 3 pattern, so I just wanted to set up an sandbox installation. However installing Umbraco 5 from the web PI fails. The log tells me about an InvalidOperationException:

[12:49:937]Source setAcl (umbraco\app_data) does not match with target (SandBox/test/app_data) because of the attributes (isDest,setAclUser,setAclAccess) are different. An Update is required.
    [12:49:937]setAcl (SandBox/test/app_data) will be added.
    Details:
    operationType: Add
    providerName: setAcl
    path: SandBox/test/app_data
    EXCEPTION: System.InvalidOperationException: This access control list does not exist in a canonical form and cannot be edited.
    bei System.Security.AccessControl.CommonAcl.ThrowIfNotCanonical()
    bei System.Security.AccessControl.CommonAcl.Purge(SecurityIdentifier sid)
    bei System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity.PurgeAccessRules(IdentityReference identity)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.SetAclProvider.Add(DeploymentObject source, Boolean whatIf)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.Add(DeploymentObject source, DeploymentSyncContext syncContext)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.HandleAdd(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.HandleUpdate(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.SyncChildrenOrder(DeploymentObject dest, DeploymentObject source)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentSyncContext.ProcessSync(DeploymentObject destinationObject, DeploymentObject sourceObject)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncToInternal(DeploymentObject destObject, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions, PayloadTable payloadTable, ContentRootTable contentRootTable)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentProviderOptions providerOptions, DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    bei Microsoft.Web.Deployment.DeploymentObject.SyncTo(DeploymentBaseOptions baseOptions, DeploymentSyncOptions syncOptions)
    bei Microsoft.Web.PlatformInstaller.MSDeployProxy.Install(InstallerContext context, RemoteCredentials remoteCredentials)

Do you have any suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance!

• Carsten 13 posts 33 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:48
    Carsten

Hey there,

I solved the problem on my own by manually giving the IIS_IUSRS Windows user full access rights to the umbraco directory.

Thanks!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft