Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Trumf 78 posts 160 karma points
    Apr 06, 2012 @ 18:56
    Rasmus Trumf

It looks like Umbraco isn't installed yet

I have just installed Umbraco 5 via Webmatrix and I chose SQL CE 4 as database - all is fine.

Now I set up a domain in IIS and when I look at the site from another machine I get the message "It looks like Umbraco isn't installed yet"

If I try to install again it only reaches stage two where I ghose SQL CE 4 as database and it returns to step 1 again.

This is wery frustrating... what is wrong ?

Please help!!!

Rasmus

• Emma Garland 41 posts 123 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Apr 07, 2012 @ 16:14
    Emma Garland

I am getting a similar issue, I installed Umbraco 5 locally, published it to the live server. After the republish, I am getting It looks like Umbraco isn't installed yet. 

The only way I have got around the issue is by running the install again, but this is not ideal and I have to add a new admin user each time. Also I want to delete the Install folder, so this is not a permanent work-around.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Apr 07, 2012 @ 18:17
    Emma Garland

My issue was that I changed the SQL Database user since the install. Updating the \App_Data\Umbraco\HiveConfig\web.config didn't work as I thought because the site was still attempting to log in using my old user. It then went to the install folder by default, presumably because it coludn't find the database? 

A full rebuild and deploy has fixed this for me.

• Ayo Adesina 430 posts 1023 karma points
    Apr 08, 2012 @ 01:26
    Ayo Adesina

Sorry to reply with nothing to do with umbraco, but I went to Swansea Univercity a few years ago and I knew an Emma Garland, just looked at your twitter kid of looks like you...not sure....wierdddddddd?

Apr 08, 2012 @ 12:41
    Emma Garland

I didn't go to Swansea, went to Cardiff Uni- weird if there's another one of me!

Apr 08, 2012 @ 13:07
    Rasmus Trumf

I have tried everything I can think of...

I even installed directly on production server. Tried installation with web api and webmatrix. Tried SQL CE 4 and SQL Server 2008. Upgraded to 5.1.

Nothing works besides on localhost...

Apr 08, 2012 @ 16:36
    Emma Garland

What does the error log in AppData/Logs/UmbracoTraceLog.txt say? This was where I found out the SQL exception which was leading it to think it needed to reinstall each time.

Apr 08, 2012 @ 17:38
    Rasmus Trumf

Nothing i written to the log from another machine. Only when using localhost on the server. Very strange because it gets an Umbraco site, so the IIS part is working...

Apr 09, 2012 @ 15:48
    Rasmus Trumf

I did a complete reinstall on my dev computer and deleted everything on prod. Installed DB from dev and then moved all files to prod.

Thanks for your time Emma :)

Still have that other problem with backoffice on prod as described here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/umbraco-5-general-discussion/30184-UmbracoSystem-is-undefined

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft