Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gert Peter Brigsted 30 posts 61 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 19:08
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Umbraco 5 settings doesn't load

I just tried installing Umbraco 5 manually on my local machine. I'm running Windows 7. The installation works fine (I'm using SQL CE), and I can log in to the backend. Mostly it seems to work, but when I click anything in the Stylesheets, Scripts, Templates and Partials folder under settings, the right frame only shows the loading bar, and nothing further happens. I can create new items (I created a new script), but I cannot access it. I can see in the installation folder that the file is actually created.

The application is running in .NET v4 integrated mode, and I have given NETWORK SERVICE and IIS_IUSRS full access to the entire installation folder. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Apr 11, 2012 @ 18:41
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Anyone?

• Grant Thomas 291 posts 324 karma points
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 20:00
    Grant Thomas

What does the browser error console say? Anything seemingly relevant? (never mind all the 'deprecated' messages)

Apr 12, 2012 @ 19:08
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Okay, the console gives me a 404 on this file (a script called test.js, obviously):

http://localhost/umbraco5/Umbraco/Editors/ScriptEditor/Edit/storage%24net_root%24scripts%24_p__scripts%24_v__string%24_test.js

The file exists in the Scripts folder in the Umbraco installation folder.

Apr 15, 2012 @ 19:01
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Does anybody have a clue as what to do? The only other related post I could find was this:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/umbraco-5-general-discussion/29591-Umbraco-5-setup-issues

And that is also unresolved. Umbraco 4.7 works perfectly when unzipped in that same folder. If I don't resolve this issue, then I'm afraid I have to revert to Umbraco 4.7.

Apr 18, 2012 @ 20:48
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Anybody? I honestly don't know how to fix this error by myself.

Jun 07, 2012 @ 12:55
    Gert Peter Brigsted

Bump. It still doesn't work for Umbraco 5.1. I've given everything and everyone full access to the entire folder.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft