Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 09:52
    Jonathan Roberts

Moving Umbraco to a new server

Hi, I have been using Umbraco for a few months now and have created a full site on a testing server. The site is now due to go live and we moved the entire site using FTP to a new server. The database was backed up and restored on the new database. I changed the connection strings in the Main Webconfig file to point to the new database. The front end of the site works great but when I try to access the login page to the backend CMS it fails to load up. Using Fiddler I have worked out that there is an infinite loop. Is there anything that I needed to add anywhere, either to the config files or to the database tables, IIS etc? It would be great to know exactly what the Login page does so I can work out the error myself but its all wrapped in the DLLs.

Many thanks

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:02
    Michael Latouche

Hi Jonathan,

Could it be that the login page has no "public" access? Because if it is not public, then when you try to access it the system will require you to be logged-in, hence redirecting you to the login page (itself). This could be the reason of your endless loop.

Cheers,

Michael.

Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:16
    Jonathan Roberts

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have changed the security of the login page to allow Everybody to have access to the file but I still get the same issue and as a quick test I gave the same permissions to the entire umbraco directory but alas, the same issue.

Cheers,

Jon

Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:41
    Jonathan Roberts

I found the issue - it was the SSL. I set the Key 'umbracoUseSSL' back to false and it worked. Now all I have to do is set up the SSL correctly on the server and that should be that. Thanks for your help,

Jon

• Michael Latouche 504 posts 819 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:49
    Michael Latouche

No problem,

Glad you sorted it out :-)

Cheers,

Michael

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft