Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 15:20
    Pete

Downgrading from 4.7.1.1 to 4.7

Hi All

I'm downgrading from 4.7.1.1 to 4.7, after finding that the automatic timeout did'nt work in the backoffice, I spent hours looking into it and starting a fresh install of 4.7.1.1 but still did'nt fix it, so decided to downgrade as I know 4.7 works.

So far in the downgrade I copied the following 4.7 folders over:

-bin
    -umbraco
    -umbraco_client

When I try to run the site I get a error:

The resource cannot be found

Requested URL: /install/default.aspx

Obviously umbraco's looking for the install directory as if it's a fresh install, where is the setting to tell it it's an existing site ie don't look for install folder, is it in the db or on a config file somewhere?

Many Thanks

• Lee Kelleher 4024 posts 15833 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 16:02
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Pete,

In your Web.config, check the version number of the "umbracoConfigurationStatus" appSettings key.

Having a different value (from the one in the Umbraco assemblies) will trigger the installer to load.

Cheers, Lee.

Apr 12, 2012 @ 16:03
    Lee Kelleher

... or you drop in the /install/ directory, click Next a couple of times and Umbraco will sort itself out.

• Pete 213 posts 285 karma points
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 16:06
    Pete

Thanks lee, was just posting a reply to that extent, adding the key umbracoConfigurationStatus fixed it, however now all my xlst's say "Error parsing XSLT file".

Edit:

Argh, looks like I messed the installed packages up. I uninstalled a couple of them whilst trying to fix the downgrade issue, i'll try reinstalling them and then uninstalling.

Apr 12, 2012 @ 16:56
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Pete,

Try adding "?umbDebugShowTrace=true" to the end of the URL... then scroll down to see what the error(s) say.

Cheers, Lee.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft