Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Vi 6 posts 26 karma points
    Apr 16, 2012 @ 01:29
    Vi

Possible to install 5.0.1 on GoDaddy Shared? Also issue installing locally on Win 7, IIS 7

Just wondering if it's possible to install 5.0.1 on GoDaddy shared hosting.  I've downloaded "Umbraco 5.0.1 CMS Web Application" from codeplex and copied the files to a subfolder on my godaddy server.

Not sure how to get the install going?  Should I browse to the Area/Install to begin the installation?

I'm also having issues running the site on my local Win 7 IIS 7 machine when I browse the site I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       System.Web.Security.RoleManagerModule.OnEnter(Object source, EventArgs eventArgs) +958
       System.Web.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +79
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +269

• Daniel 9 posts 29 karma points
    Apr 17, 2012 @ 02:50
    Daniel

Are you using a godaddy hosting with .net 4.0?

Apr 17, 2012 @ 19:31
    Vi

Correct, I've changed the .net to 4.0 on GoDaddy.

Also I'm not sure what the next step is after I move it over once I do get a page to display, do I browse to Areas/Install?

• Owen 123 posts 246 karma points
    Apr 18, 2012 @ 05:14
    Owen

For your first question: 

Yes, you can install Umbraco 5.0.1 on Godaddy.com's share host, i just did that. I just rebuild my own website based on Umbraco 5.0.1, and host it on Godaddy's share host. Works well so far.

You can have a look, if you like: http://uwebzone.com

Apr 18, 2012 @ 14:42
    Vi

So what steps did you take to install 5.0.1 on your godaddy shared hosting server?

Also which package did you download for 5.0.1 because there is the web deploy and web app?  I've gone to the steps of creating a folder from GoDaddy's admin and then moving files over but still no luck.

Apr 19, 2012 @ 04:53
    Owen

I use "Umbraco 5.0.1 CMS Web Application". The installation is pretty easy, alomost same as v4.

BTW, is there any error your got?

Apr 20, 2012 @ 00:58
    Vi

This is the errors i get.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Configuration Error

Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 76:   <system.web>
    Line 77:     <caching>
    Line 78: <outputCacheSettings> Line 79:         <outputCacheProfiles>
    Line 80:           <!-- Micro-caching technique to ward against peak traffic. "umbraco-default" profile is used by UmbracoController, the default controller used for regular pages -->

Source File: D:\Hosting\9225819\html\umbraco\web.config    Line: 78

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\Hosting\9225819\html\umbraco\web.config line 98)
    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\Hosting\9225819\html\umbraco\web.config line 101)
    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\Hosting\9225819\html\umbraco\web.config line 108)
    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\Hosting\9225819\html\umbraco\web.config line 114)
    It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\Hosting\9225819\html\umbraco\web.config line 154)

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Apr 20, 2012 @ 03:47
    Owen

According to your error, Do you install the umbraco on root folder?

Apr 20, 2012 @ 13:47
    Vi

This is the following error I get when the files are placed in the root.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Security Exception

Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy.  To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Security.Permissions.FileIOPermission, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.]
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(Object demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean isPermSet) +0
       System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +31
       System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand() +46
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.VerifyCodeBaseDiscovery(String codeBase) +118
       System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetName(Boolean copiedName) +69
       System.Reflection.Assembly.GetName() +12
       Umbraco.Framework.<>c__DisplayClass5.<GetAllAssemblies>b__1(Assembly a) +14
       System.Linq.Enumerable.FirstOrDefault(IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate) +153
       Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.<GetAllAssemblies>b__0(AssemblyName assemblyName) +74
       System.Linq.<>c__DisplayClass12`3.<CombineSelectors>b__11(TSource x) +32
       System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
       System.Linq.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext() +87
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +327
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
       Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.GetAllAssemblies() +662
       Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.GetBinFolderAssemblies() +14
       Umbraco.Framework.TypeFinder.GetFilteredBinFolderAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 excludeFromResults) +83
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.DependencyManagement.UmbracoComponentRegistrar..ctor() +121
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.DependencyManagement.DemandBuilders.UmbracoContainerBuilder`1..ctor(TWebApp httpApp) +81
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.System.Boot.BootManager..ctor(HttpApplication app) +255
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication.CreateBootManager() +26
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.UmbracoWebApplication.Start() +247
       Umbraco.Cms.Web.UI.MvcApplication.Application_Start() +137

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft