Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Troels Larsen 9 posts 33 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 14:53
    Troels Larsen

error after moving solution

Aloha ppl

I have a huge problem wit a solution that i moved from some crappy domain over to a more "expensive" host.  (Same OS win2003)
    the frontend part of the site is working fine and i can browse my pages in umbraco, i can even use the save button. and the dialog that says content are saved remember to... is showen. But when i try to publish i get the error :

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
       System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +7469351
       System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +119
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.property.Property.MakeNew(PropertyType pt, Content c, Guid VersionId) +266
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +300
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Publish(User u) +78
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +152
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

can some freindly person guide me where to look for the problem to this issue.

thx in advanced :)

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 15:19
    Thomas Höhler

How did you move?

Thomas

• anthony hall 222 posts 536 karma points
    Jul 21, 2009 @ 15:40
    anthony hall

Not sure if this will help, but some your /data/umbraco.config file can get out of sync if you move. 

ie rename "/data/umbraco.config" to /data/backup_umbraco.config and republish. This should create a new config file. 

Jul 22, 2009 @ 08:42
    Troels Larsen

Hey Thomas

i just copyied all the files to the new webserver, restorede the backup file at the mssql server and changed info for connstring in webconfig.

btw i forgot to say i the first post, that this is a 3.01 solution.

and some updates :
    if i try to publish the home node, i get a other exception.

[SqlException (0x80131904): Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'nowakcph_dk.dbo.cmsContentVersion'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The statement has been terminated.]
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1950890
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4846875
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
       System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async) +192
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(DbAsyncResult result, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe) +317
       System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +137
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(SqlConnection connection, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +56
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText, SqlParameter[] commandParameters) +83
       Microsoft.ApplicationBlocks.Data.SqlHelper.ExecuteNonQuery(String connectionString, CommandType commandType, String commandText) +11
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.Content.createNewVersion() +551
       umbraco.cms.businesslogic.web.Document.Publish(User u) +78
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.Publish(Object sender, EventArgs e) +152
       System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +49
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

that kinda make no sens.

and in advanced the solution is not upgradable. it has several custom datatypes that will take some time to upgrade.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 09:34
    Peter Dijksterhuis

What kind of backup-file did you restore? If you made a sql-file as backup, it might not work properly. Columns do not get their auto-indent properties then for example when you restore it.

Are you able to create a .bak-file and restore that? That should work.

Jul 22, 2009 @ 13:24
    Troels Larsen

Hey Peter

I wasn't able to get a bak file, due to that buydomains closed all connection. and i felt lucky when i scriptede the data out.

you think that, the problem is due to that ? cause then i have something to go with and then start fixing the ident cols.

Jul 22, 2009 @ 13:34
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Yes, thats most likely the cause then.

Check your sql-file and see the parts where it creates the tables. My guess is that there is no columns there that have auto-identity right?

If you fix that (you'd have to check every table for that!) it will probably work.

Jul 22, 2009 @ 14:02
    Troels Larsen

You are so right mate, do u have any golden hints to fix it with a script or do i have to manualy se what number the ident is at and then past that as start or do i only have to put identity col on again then mssql will figuer out what number to seed at ?

• Thomas Höhler 1237 posts 1709 karma points MVP
    Jul 22, 2009 @ 14:07
    Thomas Höhler

Then my plan would be to setup a new clean umbraco database by installing a new one and using some comparison tools like SQL Delta to do

Also I would recommend the upgrade to v4 as the old datatypes should work properly, just do it on a test environment.

Thomas

Jul 23, 2009 @ 09:59
    Troels Larsen

thx a mil peter and the rest for the help. know i have a clue on what is happening :D

Jul 23, 2009 @ 10:05
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Not sure if this will work, but maybe you could use the create.sql script from umbraco. Alter your own script and remove the create-pieces. Then first run the create-script from umbraco and then run your backup-script. That might work (not sure, haven't tested!)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft